July 6, 2010

I'M BACK!

Well, after a very busy, very fun week with my boyfriend and his brother for his birthday I'm back! I've uploaded some new photos of our animals and life in Austin at Flickr. Unfortunately, we were rained out of First Thursday and the Saturday market this last weekend so I have no news on that end. I should be back at the Artisan Market on South Congress this weekend and we will be setting up early at 10:00am. I am really looking forward to it as I will hopefully be sharing a booth with Kristen from Pommes Frites. She works with reclaimed, re-purposed books and her work is amazing. She is a member of the Etsy Austin Street Team and you can visit her shop at pommesfrites.etsy.com or her blog...click HERE.

I am very excited because I have also joined the Etsy Austin Street Team and am hoping to participate in the Etsy Austin Craft Riot in November. Because it is required for the application due at the end of the month I am now an official tax paying business of the state of Texas! I'll will have more information on this Christmas craft fair soon as I will be making samples over the next couple weeks of new products that I will sell there. Some of the things I have in mind is Texas license plate ornaments, bottle cap wine charms, reclaimed wood bird feeders, and decorative Christmas wall hangings.

Because I had free time this weekend I was able to take photos of all my new products and will be updating my shop today. I am also back up and running on Twitter as you can see from the Tweets to your right. You can now follow me at: twitter.com/Taralee13

Here are a few things you can expect to see for sale on Etsy....

Vintage Charm Necklaces made with old keys, watch parts, brass locker tags, Milagros charms, and czech flower beads. I am also working on some charm necklaces made with old game parts such as scramble, monopoly, dominoes and jacks. I know these types of necklaces are very popular but I couldn't help myself when I found all these beautiful vintage pieces. They are all authentic vintage pieces I found in second hand stores with a few things bought from suppliers on Etsy.

Bottle Cap charm necklace with the tree of life, an owl and pearl. This was one I made for fun and I am working on a few more custom options with birthstones and family initials/names. I love working with the bottle caps because they are easy, colorful and unique. Here are a few other bottle caps pieces you can find for sale...

I used to sell note cards (mostly Christmas stuff) in high school. So when I came across an old atlas and this fun owl stamp it all came flooding back to me. I used the old atlas index to stamp on and cut out the owls and the maps to make these colorful everyday cards. I also have a variety of birthday and thank you cards. All the paper and envelops are recycled. You can also see the finished packages of recycled gift cards I made out of cereal boxes and fabric.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

ReStyle ReUse ReDesign © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO